TKG Logistics Intern Position
TKG is a 100% First Nation owned business with annual revenues of $12M+. TKG provides contracting and procurement & logistics solutions to Far North First Nations and to First Nation regional service and political advocacy organizations, Indigenous and non-Indigenous businesses.
TKG was established to develop First Nation owned businesses and create business solutions that will improve the socio-economic conditions in the TKG communities. Currently TKG is focused on the improvement of TKG First Nation procurement & logistics processes. With this in mind, our growing company is looking to fill the role of Logistics Intern.
Working from our suboffice at 1093 Barton Street, Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7B 5N3, the TKG Logistics Intern position will assist in research and develop logistic and procurement opportunities for Far North First Nations. Reporting to the General Manager, the Logistics Intern is responsible for developing solutions for and assisting with the movement, distribution, and storage of materials for Far North First Nations.
Thank you in advance for reviewing the list of responsibilities and qualifications. We look forward to your application.
General responsibilities in this intern role include but are not limited to:
• Complete research and work up on TKG Logistics LP business plan within approved budget.
• Prepare worker schedules and ensure warehousing and distribution workers follow safety rules.
• Prepare reports for manager on supplier and shipping costs.
• Assist in the monitoring and improving efficiency of the company’s supply chain.
• Support the control the flow of incoming materials and outgoing finished product.
• Provide support on warehouse, inventory control, materials handling, customer service, transportation, and staffing.
• Prepare metrics and analyze data to assess performance and implement improvements.
• Improve of employee and client retention rates through active communication and problem-solving efforts.
• Involvement in operations of various organizational opportunities and assisting in completion of periodic financial reports.
• Assist in the development and implementation of the TKG procurement & logistics strategic plan.
• Assist in analyzing the volume, cost, and timing/priority of road and air delivery needs of Far North First Nations.
• Assist the General Manager in negotiations with road and air transport companies.
• Assist the General Manager with development of a First Nation distribution centre in Pickle Lake, Ontario
The Logistics Intern position is accountable to the General Manager of TKG. Performance will beevaluated through a TKG internal Training Plan designed around general and operational responsibilities.
Skills and Qualifications
• Educational course learning in Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Transportation Industry and Management Software is an advantage, but not necessary.
• Excellent communication skills, in-person, on the phone and over email.
• Strong attention to detail, ability to multi-task and prioritize.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with heavy outbound call volume.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
The salary for this position is $45,760
Persons interested in this position should forward their resume outlining their qualifications for this position by 4:00 p.m. Friday, August 25, 2023, to:
Sonny Mamakwa – Communications/Project Manager
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those being considered will be contacted.
This opportunity is proudly supported by Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and is funded through the Indigenous Workforce Development Program. It is a requirement under this program that the selected candidate for this position self-identify as an Indigenous person. Eligibility requirements of the program can be found here: https://nohfc.ca/en/pages/programs/people-talent-program/indigenous-workforce-development-stream